Quote Originally Posted by Drifter S. View Post
The recharge effect also seems like it's an unnecessary change to a big, defining feature is part of the problem I'm having with it. Again, I never saw crits with destruction as being an issue, the lack of support for anything else bothered me more.

As for Styles, while I like the concept of having them, the ones you've presented are just... Really dull and underwhelming. Especially when compared to Pathfinder Savant's version of the same idea. You already said they might be whack, so it's probably not worth ripping into them when they're a first draft, but finesse especially feels like it's gobbling up space for more interesting things. Maybe the same could be said about making it an Arcana, though. I also sort of feel like Paizo is way too paranoid about dex-to-damage and makes it jump through way too many hoops, the limitations on the Grace feats alone are asinine.

While I know the playtest may be a ways off, it might be good to keep a personal homebrew archetype that utilize Spheres of Might so you can refine ideas for later. Drop the laughable Medium/Armor features (and possibly fighter training, since it's clumsily implemented) in order to present additional options. let someone use equipment sphere to pick what armor (if any at all) they want from the get-go, or forgoe armor entirely to get a Canny Dodge/Prescient Dodger effect
The problem I have with crit/destruction is that it's the only really viable build. I want to find a way to boost other builds to keep up, other than 'you can crit with everything'. It could be something as simple as 'when you spellstrike, you do extra damage' rather than getting a damage boost when you crit.

As for the styles: the styles only replace spell recall and improved spell recall, so they are fairly limited. I'll probably include a way for them to interact with Fighter Training (so you can train in the weapons you actually use). I have to keep the styles short. The book I'm writing is supposed to be 5 archetypes at 5k total; Savant's book is 3k (I think). I can only cram so much into one archetype. I think I'll drop the agile style and just give the magus access to rogue talents, and then they can take prescient dodger. I put slashing grace into it's own style, so two-weapon fighters couldn't get it. Not certain that was the right was to do it.