Quote Originally Posted by Khedrac View Post

Looking at the early shots from the computer game (don't know if it was ever finished) the space combat shots would either be very boring or totally wrong. The impeller wedges shoud be far bigger than the spaceships and one ship should not be visible from the next (there are comments to this effect in several books, and then the inital game shots had the wedges as the same size as the ships...). Basically any time they decide to depict combat except from the ship's combat information centre or the effects on a single ship (i.e. a nice vista shot) it will be wrong.

I too am waiting on news of more books...
Honestly, accuracy in the engagements would be one of the first thing I would sacrifice in bringing the Honorverse to TV. Forget the whole visual aspect, some of the salvo travel times are longer than most act lengths in commercial television. At that point, doing things like shrinking the impeller wedges to be noticeably closer to the ships is not that big a deal. It would actually make the idea of "Down the throat" or "Up the kilt" more easily understood to newcomers, while emphasizing the shield aspect of the wedges and sidewalls. As for showing the ships themselves, since you're already fast forwarding the missiles it wouldn't be bad to track them from A to B, right through the clash of counter-missiles, before finally separating into the lasing warheads and the following attack. Or cutting to show a single ship heeling over under impacts, or even the typical anime wave-motion gun shot of two or three ships getting hit by the crest of the attack followed by cutting a wide shot of space getting blotted out by the explosions. It wouldn't be terribly original, but it would work just fine.