1. - Top - End - #47
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Preferred Character Round Robin: VAARSUVIUS vs REDCLOAK

Quote Originally Posted by Potatomade View Post
    Maybe, but I recall him being the game-changing force in a number of confrontations. More than V, anyway. And the only time Redcloak's actually been significant in an encounter was Azure City, at least as a caster.
    Divine Might and Holy Word are two incredibly powerful spells that ever Cleric, everywhere, prepares every day. The fact that he had these on tap literally proves nothing. Divine Might and Holy Word are two incredibly powerful spells that would be prepared in almost any combat situation.Control Weather, I'll give you, was pretty clever

Besides, if I were going to point to a poster child for "unprepared caster," it would be V, who despite preparing the right spells, rarely foresees the consequences of their casting.
    It's kinda funny. In your first post you said:

Do you mean a caster who has to prepare spells, or "caster who happens to also be prepared for most problems?" Because if it's the second, I'd honestly argue Xykon or Durkon.

and then proceeded to give reasons why Durkon is the first type, not the second. If you want to argue that "Durkon is the best caster who has to prepare spells", then his use of Holy Word and Divine Might, and V's failure to foresee the consequences of their actions, are very valid arguments. But instead you argue that "Durkon is prepared for most problems more than V", and then immediately agree that V always seems to have the right spells prepared, and give examples of Durkon just doing normal Cleric stuff in an intelligent way. None of the things you have said in either post point to Durkon being "more prepared" than V, or anyone else for that matter. You're making a great argument, you're just using it to prove the wrong thing.

(I mean: "Besides, if I were going to point to a poster child for "unprepared caster," it would be V, who despite preparing the right spells..." You literally said the poster child for being unprepared is the person who is prepared)

Who is prepared for every circumstance? V, by far.

Who is a better ally to have in a fight? Almost certainly Durkon.
    Last edited by littlebum2002; 2017-10-17 at 10:15 AM.