View Single Post

Thread: Is it REALLY evil???

1. - Top - End - #7
    Colossus in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Re: Is it REALLY evil???

Quote Originally Posted by TheIronCorpse View Post
    One of my new players is a full blooded Orc Barbarian who was pulled from a parallel universe into our own.
    In that case I'd say you should probably contact someone about having evidence of a brand new species. Maybe see about collecting that cash reward for evidence of the supernatural for having an entity from another universe hanging around with you at the D&D table.

His name is Feast and before his unintentional dimensional travel he lived a simple life of hunting and foraging in the woods he called home. He killed and ate whatever he could in order to survive and has never known any sort of community as his village was destroyed when he was very young.
    I pose the title question: “Is it REALLY evil?” because I have recently confronted a mental hurdle that I’m unsure how to approach. You see, Feast kills indiscriminately as he sees fit in order to obtain food. The Orc is 8 feet tall and has quite a gut so is often hungry. His favorite food? Raw meat. He has killed several civilians and even ripped a little girl in half in order to obtain the food he desires (the latter situation has more variables that make it a somewhat confusing argument. I have details if they are desired).
    I fear for your safety, friend. This Feast fellow is probably going to eat you before too long.

P.S.
    This is not my first time DMing, but his is my first time that I’ve ever been faced with this quandary.
    Then you should probably know that you don't have to play D&D with 8 foot tall man-eating humanoid monstrosities that are as liable to eat you as they are to roll to attack the darkness.

Now, if this is about a player character, then you should also know that you don't have to approve of unsuitable characters. This is an obviously unsuitable character, unless you want to play a villainous game where the big stupid fighter actively tries to get them banned from towns and hunted down by anyone and everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by 8wGremlin View Post
    Is a tiger evil for eating a human, or is evil just the views of what society dislikes and will not tolerate?

<argument about D&D black and white alignment ensues>
    Tigers aren't moral entities in D&D alignment, so they're irrelevant.
    Last edited by Coidzor; 2017-10-19 at 05:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keld Denar View Post
    +3 Girlfriend is totally unoptimized. You are better off with a +1 Keen Witty girlfriend and then appling Greater Magic Make-up to increase her enhancement bonus.
    Homebrew
    To Do: Reboot and finish Riptide