1. - Top - End - #187
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: How to Rend Fiends and Immolate People: A Guide to Sorcery

Quote Originally Posted by werescythe View Post
    Hello, my name is Werescythe and I was hoping that someone could offer some ideas/suggestions for a character I am working on.

I am working on creating a Yuan-ti Shadow Sorcerer character for my brother's campaign. I would prefer to avoid multi-classing if possible. Does anyone who has played a shadow sorcerer (or has considered the idea) have any suggestions on what types of spells I should use?

The reason I am asking is because this guide (while very helpful) seems to aim a bit more toward Draconic Sorcerers/Melee Sorcerers (which I could see a shadow sorcerer being possibly) but not so much on shadow sorcery. So any suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you.
    Shadow Sorcerer basically gets Heighten metamagic for free. So, I would suggest anything that has a save or suck effect.
    Subtle Spell and Quicken are great start of metamagic picks. At 10 take Twin.

But. Since you are using UA, and talk about going melee, why not the Stone Sorcerer? It's pretty kick ass. After your level 6 ability you could go 14 Rogue for some serious Sneak Attack action in other people's turn. Anyways. Stone Sorcerer is also great with a little Hexblade or Paladin.
    Last edited by X3r4ph; 2017-10-28 at 02:33 AM.