Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
How is Apocrypha? I'm going to wait until its on Netflix to give it a watch, but I'm super excited for it.
I love and adore Fate Apocrypha the light novels even though there are lots of flaws and problems with specific storytelling aspects of the light novels, overall I think the art rises above the flaws (much like RWBY). Now the anime so far is kind of meh, it has some high points but the implementation of Apocrypha actually suffers many of the problems that RWBY does, and if I really wanted to I can do LaZodiac line by line take downs for the Apocrypha anime.

Even though I say all this, the Apocrypha anime is fun. And I am still eagerly looking forward to it each week's fansubs, but part of me wishes the writters and the anime studio spent a little more time massaging the clay for it is very "close" but it also feels like it is missing something that as a cherry on a sunday "acts as a ribbon and brings it all together."

-----

Sidenote one of the characters in Fate Apocrypha is one of my favorite Fate characters of all time, and also one of my favorite characters in literature period. He literally feels me with Yorokobe Shounen (Rejoice!!! Boy / Hero.)

Note the Yorokobe Shounen scene I just referenced is from FSN and not Apocrypha, for I do not want to spoil anything about Apocrypha and this character for you. But if you are familiar with the meaning and the interplay of Yorokobe meme you will understand why I bring this up, and it will make even more sense when you see Fate Apocrypha.