I liked the voyager just before the "fake magus" set of updates arrived. It was a high tier 3 class, powerful yet ultimately not game-breaking, and certainly nothing like optimized Path of War as far as combat potency was concerned.

The pre-"fake magus" voyager had its flaws. The dwarf/elf/orc FCBs were too strong, and its playstyle monotonously revolved around spamming fast-forward and speeding strike. Still, it actually felt like a teleport-skirmishing master of space and time. The way a voyager zoomed in, teleported past an enemy to savage it for huge damage, and then teleported away was highly distinct. Quite satisfying, it was, and unique. If only there were more options on the level of fast-forward and speeding strike so as to encourage a voyager to mix up their playstyle from round to round, and if only there was little need for a voyager to run back and forth between two squares, the class would have been perfect for me.

~

Then, two rounds of "fake magus"-ification ensued. The voyager loses a good chunk of its power given the removal of speeding strike and the downgrade to fast-forward. This only serves to make running back and forth between two squares even more necessary, and it means that a voyager's playstyle can be more easily disrupted by enemies closing in with their threatened areas. But hey, at least a voyager gets to preserve full momentum using assisted escape, so a voyager is behooved to prepare for battle by... running back and forth between two squares just before the fight breaks out?

In theory, the voyager compensates for this using manifestation of speed's augmented attacks... but those cost either momentum or power points. Momentum costs are a bitter pill to swallow; with the nigh-mandatory Amplified Momentum feat, each point of momentum is worth 4.5 average damage, or +3 AC and Reflex for a round, so the voyager has to wonder if an augmented attack is really worth the momentum cost.

As for power points, throughout the lower levels (1 to 7 or so), a voyager simply does not have the power points to finance round-to-round power point expenditures. Paizo's half-caster gishes do not worry about this because they tend to save their spell slots for pre-battle buffing and noncombat utility, maybe with a single pop of a mid-combat swift/immediate spell to support a gishy playstyle, like an inquisitor litany. The magus is an exception, but the magus makes up for this with the fact that its damage-dealing spells automatically scale in damage without costing power points, and with the ever-important spell recall for more fuel for round to round.

The voyager does not have the luxury of spell recall, despite being pushed into a "fake magus" playstyle with power channel. All it has is stored power, which allows the voyager to carry over power points equal to 1/3rd of their maximum... from the previous day. If the voyager goes adventuring only every other day, that is great! They win fabulous prizes. If not, because they are on an active adventure in a single location and they have to get back to adventuring work the following day... then the voyager gains absolutely nothing, probably because they tapped out their power points the previous day. This is awful design far too dependent on the mercy of a GM's adventure structure over the course of several days. The magus's spell recall does not have to deal with this.

I know this from experience: I GM for a 6th-level voyager with Intelligence 20. Between pre-combat buffs and a single use of object reading outside of combat, they were completely tapped out of power points just as they entered the third battle of the day... with one more battle remaining down the line. They never bothered with power channel at all, or neat swift action powers like repositioning strike; they could not afford it.

Power channel is a bad idea to begin with. I do not see a reason to bother with it. A voyager should save their momentum for actually killing people and defending themselves, and conserve their power points for pre-battle buffs, noncombat utility, and maybe a single swift/immediate action power mid-combat, just like every other half-caster. A voyager gains nothing from being a fake magus and channeling a cost-ineffective Expanded Knowledge (energy ray), which, by the way, is thematically silly given that the spacetime-manipulator is suddenly slashing with fire and frost.

And as additional salt on the wound, the voyager's noncombat utility was also compromised by the bizarre and unnecessary delay of information exchange to 6th level. There was no need for that to have happened.

I do not like the new voyager. I wish that this "fake magus"-ification would go away, and that the voyager would focus more on unique class features to support a "teleport-skirmishing master of space and time" playstyle. If only there were more combinations like fast-forward and speeding strike so as to give more great options from round to round, and if only running back and forth between two squares was less necessary, then that would be lovely.