View Single Post

Thread: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

1. - Top - End - #1274
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Hearthstone 20: What is your Quest?

Quote Originally Posted by Gandariel View Post
    Grimy goons is a flawed mechanic for many reasons, mainly that it forces you to play a tempo deck that shoots itself in the foot by paying the tempo "price" at the beginning, like a reverse overload.

When you're behind on board, just summoning piles of stats does not save you.
    This was actually the primary weakness of Jade Druid before Knights of the Frozen Throne. Then Spreading Plague made it possible for Jade Druid to stall long enough.

I play a lot of Jade Druid and my big swing turns are when I Spreading Plague a board with 4 minions then MC Tech or Swipe. This usually gives me 2 turns to develop more Jades behind it.

As for Jades, i think they're fine. They just gave Druid too much stuff.
    Maybe Jade Idol to 2 mana? Hall of Fame the Auctioneer?
    Jade Druid doesn't use Auctioneer anymore since Ultimate Infestation was printed. The two decks that currently use Auctioneer are Miracle Rogue (overall worse than Tempo Rogue) and some variations of Razakus Priest.

Also, I'd find it hilarious if Jade Idol is moved to 2 mana and negating the purpose of Geist.

One thing about the Druid Jade cards are that Jades are valued at 2 mana for neutrals, but only one mana for class cards. The Druid cards are the most powerful with a 1 mana summon a big dude (or 1 mana 1/1 which you can start the game playing) and a ramp card, especially good with the card draw at 10 mana. Hitting Jade Idol or Jade Blossom would do a lot to make Jade Druid less powerful, although overall it seems fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    If you say so. I don't play ladder myself, so I can only go on what the people who do are saying; just know that there seem to be plenty of viewpoints in opposition to yours. When I see notables like Amaz, DT and Kripp openly theorizing on ways to nerf Jade, I can only presume there is a problem.
    Playrate of Jade Druid is pretty down; I very rarely get mirror matches anymore. It feels like I queue into a lot of Tempo Rogue and Zoo Warlock (although VS Reaper has Jade Druid as the 2nd most popular deck at 10% of the decks played). Win rate wise, Jade Druid is the worst of the three meta Druid decks (Big Druid, Aggro Druid, and Jade Druid).

So, no, Jade Druid isn't a problem and in 6 months it'll rotate and Wild has much stronger decks.
    Last edited by Joran; 2017-11-08 at 02:07 PM.