Quote Originally Posted by Maximum77 View Post
In my Star Wars rpg, I am a scientist working in a lab on an Outer Rim planet. What am I researching or trying to create?

Rules are

1. No teleportation
2. No time travel
3. No matter replication

I'm not trying to make Star Wars like Star Trek. In the canon Disney universe, the first and second are thought to be "impossible" and the third one is a plot hole that may or may not exist in some form. What's something I could be working on in a galaxy where faster than light travel is commonplace and advanced artificial intelligence is nothing special?
Ooooh! That means that you can be researching any of the goodies from the novels that are no longer Canon. I'd go for the Sun Crusher, gravity manipulation, a la Centerpoint Station, or biological research on unique species like the ysalamiri.

You could also be researching improvements to existing tech. Faster cloning, more deadly assassin droids, better fuel for turbo lasers, stronger micro-thrusters, etc.

New ideas would be great too. hyperspace sensors, anomaly grenades, neuro-cortical stimulators, gamma projectors, trididium armor plating, barometric polymers, argon resistant visors, a cambium-action blaster, bio-molecular superconductors, isobaric manipulators, or any other sciencey sounding garbage.