View Single Post

Thread: Quick and Dirty rework of broken spells

1. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Quick and Dirty rework of broken spells

What matters for wall of iron is not much the quality of the metal but how you get gigantic amounts of iron basically removing the mining step in getting iron(iron mines would stop existing once some wizards can cast that spell) and how it does good battlefield control on one spell(wall of stone is somehow more powerful)
    Even if the iron have no commercial value you suddenly get as much iron as you want for your own use(either for using fabricate for making tiny spiked balls or for building houses and castles)
    Personally I think wall of stone is more powerful and more often useful than wall of iron.
    Nerfing freedom of movement basically means that the party fighter will lose against grappling monsters forever(I mean the monsters often get +23423152345243564 to grapple checks and eats the fighter preventing it from dealing damage and instakilling it and dealing negative levels) basically freedom of movement is an overpowered counter but it is absolutely needed for making mundane characters have relevance.
    Planar binding op part is not really how it force the target to obey: it is more how it teleport the target to you(like I decide right now I want a quasit and there is one quasit that will be brought to you against his own will).
    Get a bunch of non lethal traps and the party fighter ready an action to attack and then planar bind something.
    That thing is instastunned and then you can take all the time you want to use control spells onto it.
    For summons the fix is simple: remove all the summons with cool slas or casting from the list.
    Last edited by noob; 2017-11-15 at 11:31 AM.