Quote Originally Posted by -D- View Post
To be fair to Rob, he did say, he will have TWO UNNANOUNCED SKIPS. There could be even eight skips, but they will be announced.

Also Rob breaking his promises wouldn't be a first.
Rob said in the original announcement - "As I mentioned in prior news posts, we're going to need to slacken the pace of updates from about 100 a year to about 80. There were a number of different ways I thought about doing that, but I settled on this approach: Update schedule will still be Tuesdays and Fridays, but expect us to miss about two updates a month, without announcements."

He said expect 2 skips, and then said they will be unannounced. Not lets do 2 skips unannounced, and then other skips will happen that ARE announced. So Rob's dialogue doesn't suggest what you're saying, only his history with posting the comic, which I kinda got at the post after the one you quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
I'm honestly surprised people aren't cancelling their pledges for "on time updates". How can you justify paying for something "on time" if arbitrary skips are built into the system?

Then again, I never did understand the internet's willingness to throw their money away for no good reason.
Yeah, indeed. Although, he doesn't get paid if he doesn't post so I think he's only shooting himself in the foot.