Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
I'm honestly surprised people aren't cancelling their pledges for "on time updates". How can you justify paying for something "on time" if arbitrary skips are built into the system?

Then again, I never did understand the internet's willingness to throw their money away for no good reason.
Before, Rob used a monthly donation system, that was not tied to how often he updated. He frequently went months without updating. People seem to have forgotten just how bad updates were until last two years or so. Updating was terrible, and I'm just thankful that it's semi regular now. Even if it's an unannounced skip, at least you don't have to wait around on sunday and such, because you know there are only two days in the week where there can be an update. I don't really care because the money lost from not updating is more effective in making sure Rob will update than a hundred people complaining about it ever could.

That said, some people have actually said they had canceled their subscription. There is a surprisingly long thread of people complaining about the updating, and they aren't being told to shut up like they would be on most other webcomic forums (*cough* OOTS *cough*). Also, although it's not a big change, the number of donors HAS gone down a bit during the last week or two. No idea if there is a direct correlation though.

Currently 1596 people pledging 1,924.99$.