1. - Top - End - #150
    Halfling in the Playground

Default Re: [Dreamscarred Press] New Playtest: the Voyager, a psionic skirmisher!

Quote Originally Posted by Deimosaur View Post
    Fade from Memory requires the use of psionic focus to trigger. You'll naturally be limited by psionic focus when trying to use it multiple times in a round.
    That is fair. I was basing this criticism from a contact who brought up exactly this concern; I should have checked the actual feat.

Quote Originally Posted by Deimosaur View Post
    Misfires are unfortunate when they happen, but the crossfire has a rather action-efficient way to clear it (and in line with other archetypes/classes that have to put up with it).

Though guns do have issues, fixing them entirely isn't within the scope of this project. The crossfire was given abilities that we think put them alongside similar gun-users. If this is your opinion, hopefully the crossfire will be compatible with whatever other gun fixes you have in mind (such as advanced firearms, as you said).
    The mystic (gunsmoke mystic) and the warlord (desperado) do, in a way, fix emerging firearms by giving plenty of incentives to use them. The gunsmoke mystic has misfire reduction and its initiation modifier to firearm damage, and the desperado has many bonus feats and actual grit. The crossfire receives very little in exchange.

I would hardly call spending your parallel action just to clear a misfire "action-efficient."

At the moment, I have to say that a hummingbird tengu melee voyager is probably the single best voyager build from 3rd- to 10th-level or so. Such a character has speed 40 feet, automatic proficiency with elven curve blades, +2 Dexterity, and +2 Intelligence, which is absolutely perfect for a melee voyager.
    Last edited by EarthSeraphEdna; 2017-11-16 at 01:52 AM.