View Single Post

Thread: Let's break Xanathar's!

1. - Top - End - #2
    Bugbear in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

Default Re: Let's break Xanathar's!

That Dru and Rng healing spell (is it lvl 2 or 1? can't remember offhand - book not on me) is pretty crazy. I dip into Life cleric and you're healing even more. If you pop it during combat and keep conc just let it keep running after the fight is won and pop, all are healed back (well often will be).

Shadow Sorc seems crazy broken at lvl 6. You can as a bonus action pop a Hound of Ill Omen at range on two badguys near each other (and it's an ability not a spell I think (don't have book on me) meaning you can still cast a spell as your action) - then fireball the other side of them as your action and they have disad to save - or twin hold person and they have disad to save (or cast other nasty things, and their ST is at disad) ... and then the hound bites them and then might knock one prone. That's just crazy sauce for one turn - a Costco sized vat of the stuff. And Hound only costs 3 sorc points but has no other limit - you don't have to wait iirc a short rest even to recast it. I have to check it but there may be no limit as to how many you can have up - save your sorc point pool. Now a dire wolf isn't that good by itself, sure - but the Hound's debuff is - and even one at a time is crazy good.

Hexblade dips are silly good for so many classes it's not funny.

We're going to have entire parties bathed in darkness at all times with devil's sight or the shadow sorc ability - we're going to actually feel sorry for the monsters.

A party that coordinates on these things could be ridiculously powerful in battle. This won't happen where I play (at AL) because trying to get players to work together is often like herding cats, though... maybe....

Am still working on O of Conq and the Ancestor barb one. Am sensing some power there - lots of potential.
    Last edited by Chugger; 2017-11-17 at 07:47 PM.