View Single Post

Thread: Let's break Xanathar's!

1. - Top - End - #22
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: Let's break Xanathar's!

Hi!

I don't have Xanathar's so all I know is from what I could read here, but since it seems Druid Circles didn't get much change from UA to official...

Best Grappler: Rogue 1 / Sheperd Druid 2 / Monk X: drop that spirit aura that grant advantage on STR checks for allies and Shove everyone away.
    Bad thing is that you lose on Empty Body for that Rogue Expertise, which may be overkill in the first place honestly. So Druid 2 / Monk 18 may be better.
    Alternatively, embrace the martial control idea and go Rogue 2 / Druid 5 / Monk X, using either Spike Growth or Plant Growth combined with Grapple/Shove to keep people inside.

Beyond that, Sorcerer / Warlock got a huge spike in efficiency: Warlock now brings decent melee with Hexblade, Sorcerer now gets built-in healing/buff with Divine Soul. Add two levels of Bard if you really want more tools but that's honestly not needed per se: Sorcerer / Warlock now rocks a huge way with Extended metamagic and Cleric buffs without costly Cleric multiclass or high Bard for Magic Secrets. ;)

Also, depending on how the Shadow Hound works now (can it be dispelled? can it be killed? does the disadvantage persist round after round of is it only at spell cast?) a Shadow Sorcerer with 2 levels of Rogue (Cunning Action Hide) and 2 levels of Warlock (Devil's Sight, Repelling Blast) could become extremely potent at single-handedly dealing with bosses up to CR ~11+ creatures (still can't beat tremorsense and truesight ;)).
    Last edited by Citan; 2017-11-18 at 07:53 AM.