Quote Originally Posted by Geigan View Post
I think I'll bump my question here since it got the tail end on the last page and I feel probably got swept by in the new turn in the discussion. Just want to make sure I understand how this interaction works. Trying to figure out if Vital Strike is a good recommendation for our resident Scholar/Sniper considering the base damage of the related splash weapons. I'm leaning on no if my interpretation is correct, but I figured I'd make sure if I was correct or not first.
Quote Originally Posted by Improved Acid Flask
You create a flask of acid that functions as a splash weapon you can use as a ranged touch attack with a range increment of 10 ft., dealing 1d6 acid damage +1d6 per two Craft (alchemy) ranks you possess to the target of a direct hit, ...
I'm not a dev or anything, but it sounds to me as if the alchemical creations are simply more potent and should be considered the 'base damage'. If made by a lvl2 Scholar, a vial of acid from the talent above will deal 2d6 damage, no matter who uses it or under what circumstances.

(Besides, as the past few threads have pointed out, the Alchemy sphere has some issues with resources during an adventuring day. Making their limited number of formulae more powerful through Vital Strike as opposed to forcing them to full attack and run out within one or two encounters seems like a decent way to help them out.)