I was rewatching more of the S6 episodes.
In S6 E9 The Saddle row review, we meet the horrible spoon clothes pony, but the diplomatic Fluttershy manages to neutralize him. Rainbow Dash organizes a race for shop assistants instead of pets this time.
In E20 Viva Las Pegasus, once again after S5 E23 the writers manage to contrive the story such that instead of Fluttershy showing some common sense and kindness, she just overhears the truth from animals. I know the meme says that the writers can't Applejack, but oh my, they just can't Fluttershy here.
In E4 On your marks, Applejack dances and Sweetie Belle makes costumes, and they both fair better than in S1 E18. Also, the Crusaders narrowly escape from Bulk Biceps lifting their entire clubhouse.
In E5 Gauntlet of fire, Ember becomes dragon lord. Both Rarity and the old dragon lord Torch takes the whole thing much better than they could have.
In E6 No second prances, despite that Starlight is supposed to like kites, she doesn't seem to react at all when Lyra comes along with a kite. Also, this episode has so many memorable parts. The magic of silverware placement, “it's a working title”, “nosehair trimmer”.
Next I started to watch the worse episodes so they aren't left to the end.
In E7 Newbie Dash, Rainbow Dash's greatest dreams finally come true. She's so happy! Except for most of the episode, that is, but she gets better by the end. (You've mentioned in the thread that after all the Mane Six has become successful, the writers didn't seem to know what to do with them anymore, and it took a while for the show to get its act together.) Rainbow Dash packs a wing balm, which sounds dangerous because it could bite her, but I guess if she keeps all the safety rules there'll be no problem with it. And yes, the main part of this episode was really controversial, for a good reason, and I still really don't know what to think of it, so I'll just concentrate on the good part like the cotton candy.
I have rewatched E11 too, but it's best if I just forget about it again.
So I watched E23 Where the Apple lies right after to put it in perspective. We see the history of the family relationships of Applejack, Big Mac, and Granny Smith. When Applejack was a foal, she didn't realize that Granny Smith is an immortal crypto-alicorn, so she'll never retire from the farm business. But yes, the soap opera cascade of lies is painful to watch, I never find that entertaining. This too, though, got much better since it first appeared.
E24 Top Bolt is the last for this weekend. This one is about lies too, so Applejack should be able to solve it. Except, you know, the tree chest castle map thinks otherwise. Rainbow Dash has already forgotten since E7 that she shouldn't stand in the runway while other ponies are doing laps. This episode was definitely worth to rewatch, because now we can compare it to S6 E7 Parental glidance. Apparently Vapor Trail has got annoying parents just like Rainbow Dash, although a bit differently annoying.