Quote Originally Posted by Mutazoia View Post
If you are going to reinvent the wheel, you will want to keep things as simple as possible, at least to start. Personally, I wouldn't bother with specific styles. Let your players come up with their own styles using feats, or, if you HAVE to have distinct styles, give each style a list of feats that a player HAS to take, as they qualify for them. They won't have mastered the style until they have all the feats required.

(Or you could just play the WEG D6 version, which is a lot less complex than 3.5 )
I’d do something similar to this, but without tying feats to a style as such. Instead, I’d create an array of lightsaber feats you could qualify for at various levels and then define the forms as feat-sets.

Like, a Jedi who takes all the defensive feats (A, B, and C) is adopting form III. One who takes instead takes A, B, and D (D being a lightsaber v. lightsaber specific feat) is a Form II duelist. Someone who takes E, F, and G - mobility and offensive feats - is a Yoda-style whirlwind, and so on.

This also allows the occasional PC to
come up with a unique combo and found their own form (see also: Mace Windu and his almost-Sith-aggressive form VII.)