1. - Top - End - #69
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: So sell me on the Monk class, 'cause it doesn't look very good to me...

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jette View Post
    Paladins are pretty heavy hitters, too.
    Paladins have the potential to hit so incredibly hard that people mistake them for being overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhios View Post
    Why is it that people who watch a lot of kung-fu/wu xia movies expect the monk to be the ultimate damage dealer
    Dragonball Z/Super. it doesnt help that the sunsoul exists either.

Quote Originally Posted by Subproject54 View Post
    It is the worst designed class in 5e, bar none.

But that's the unpopular opinion on the playground.
    Monk is only at worst tied for #3 with druid for the Worst designed class for 5E, with Ranger probably not even supposed to exist as a class because of other systems introduced in the game, while sorcerer was given a significant mechanical overhaul too late to be properly developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxhound438 View Post
    the highest DPR you're going to see is from barbarians, fighters, rangers, and paladins.
    no you wont, of the mundane combatants, in order:

Barbarian > BM/EK Fighter > Rogue > Artificer > Hexblade Warlock = Vengeance paladin > Fighter > Paladin > Archer Kensai Monk > Ranger > Monk

mostly this is supposed to inverrsely follow their utility although fighter doesnt conform to the pattern that effectively
    Last edited by toapat; 2017-12-02 at 11:39 AM.
    My Homebrew: found here.
    When you Absolutely, Positively, Gotta Drop some Huge rocks, Accept NO Substitutes

PM Me if you would like a table from my homebrew reconstructed.

Drow avatar @ myself