View Single Post

Thread: Aegir

1. - Top - End - #236
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Aegir

As the enemy boat is distracted in the other direction, Mia lights Laucien's arrow with a flint, holding the tip below the stern so as not to give away the light.

Spoiler: Sylvan, to Laucien
    Show

" I find it ignorant that you think I'm pretty. The Fey have a much more subtle standard for beauty, which I have never met. Not that I care.

" In any case, I find your features singularly ugly, but collectively interesting.

"However, I am not interested in mating, unlike most of my kind. Though I find your presence pleasing.

Aim a little higher... With the bow." She tips point of your arrow up with her oddly long, thin finger, enjoying the bead of sweat that perhaps now slithers down your forehead in 35 degree weather.

Mia aids Laucien's shot, giving advantage, while Tessania launches a firebolt. Amazingly, the crews constant shouting and shooting obscures the sound and none of them seem to notice. Laucien's choice of a porous Coral arrow was wise. Whereas a normal arrow may have burned out in seconds, the Coral tipped arrow continues to burn.

Between that and the firebolt, a small blaze puffs up. The crew takes notice and rush to put it out, but a fatal flaw undid them. The little fire you started ignites the cache of unlit fire arrows they stashed on board, which now ignite spectacularly. One man bursts into flames. The rest of the enemy crew jump into the water and swim off in all directions.

One man swims toward Thoraks boat, confusing it for an allied ship in the fog. "Hoist me up friend!" he says. "Of course," replies Thorak, and cracks his skull in, watching the body sink with pleasure. But the man's partner was coming up a few feet away behind him, barely visible in the fog. He shouts for help and starts to swim off.

The man dives under the pitch black water and vanishes. If he escapes, he may alert the rest of them to your plan, numbers, and location.

Thorak's turn!

Initiative, in order:

swimming man - already acted
    Now: Thorak, who can order Zorg and the dog (or act independently)
    Tessania
    Laucien who can order Mia (she can act independently).
    Second enemy boat (aware of a problem but can't see you yet, about 60 feet away).
    Last edited by Dr_Nimm; 2017-12-03 at 08:50 AM.