Quote Originally Posted by endoperez View Post
I have read a lot of different stories, and some of them have had truly and intentionally alien characters (Alan Dean Foster, China Miéville, the AIs of The Last Angel, etc). That's not a problem.

I think your problem is finding readers, not people being uninterested in original creatures. Look into how other stories are presented online. There's aggregate sites for web fiction, lists in e.g. TvTropes, many stories have their own sites or WordPress blogs (A Practical Guide to Evil, Void Domain), some stories with similar themes are bundled together in a single site (e.g. wuxiaworld and other novel translation sites), some are even only available in forum threads (Tales of the Wyre, The Last Angel) etc. etc. See what works, what doesn't, and then imitate.

You're trying to sell me something. The price is paid in my time, which I hold as quite valuable.
Your sales pitch, this post, the way to catch my interest - it isn't very good. I feel like it describes your situation, not the story you've written. If you write a better blurb, it'd help.

Also, your presentation - your language, your avatar name, etc - are not written as well as I'd expect of an experienced writer. Just like you'd dress up for a job interview, you should pay a bit more attention to your language when selling your story.
Edit: On checking, I realised that moue is actually a distinct although seemingly a rare word. Originally, I thought it was a typo of mouse. Nonetheless, an online name that looks like a typo (even if it isn't) can end up giving a bad impression.

I'm afraid my reply is a bit rough on the edges and might feel like intentionally aggravating, but I'm not sure how to say this in a kinder manner.

Well, no, actually, I'm not trying to sell the story or find readers - I'm trying to find out what would be more comfortable for a potential reader. If I were to put two books in front of you would choose something you know or something you haven't seen before in the same genre of the first book, as is outlined in the last question.
I have no issues with my ability to write, it's just something I'm curious about. Writing is just a hobby of mine as I seem to be fairly creative in this sense and always did well school with writing assignments and such. I wouldn't say I'm an experienced/advanced writer but I'm definitely not a novice writer either.

And yeah, my username isn't a spelling mistake - just an old word that means: a pouting expression of annoyance or distaste. So its like ArcticPout I guess.

You're a little off the mark but thanks anyway.