1. - Top - End - #1494
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Death Battle II - I don't THINK Gara got robbed I KNOW he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Explorer View Post
    Ah, to explain why I think Yang vs Tifa was dishonest is because that Death Battle was an atrocious decision, and it happened right after Roosterteeth and Screwattack merged or whatever it was that they did. Then there was the time where they had two characters from Red vs Blue fight.

It seems like pandering to Roosterteeth, giving them free advertising and support. In the first case, Yang should have lost horribly. It's not like Link vs Cloud where I can at least see an argument for Link winning since he has some OP combos, feats, and abilities and Cloud's power level is all over the place. Yang simply isn't that strong, and has plenty of show times where she's lost horribly and very few feats where she's actually won.

And in the second case, it's the first time that they've ever done two characters from the same franchise before. Which just happens to be owned by their partner channel.
    For me, it was that the evidence they gave was just awful.

First, it was predicated on interpreting Rooster Teeth's animation, particularly in the area of displaying the worlds internal physics... which are poorly defined at best, and just makes the whole thing kind of cringe-inducing.

Secondly, the lynch-pin moment - apparently - was Yang being hit through a concrete pillar by a giant robot, followed up by something loosely related to a mathematical analysis of this event. It's beyond difficult for me, having played FF VII several times and at the time coincidentally playing through Final Fantasy Duodecim when that Death Battle was released, to understand why they thought that was sufficient grounds to prove anything.

I won't say Yang can't beat Tifa, and technically if Rooster Teeth simply says she can then she can regardless, but... Not Enough Minerals.
    Last edited by Kitten Champion; 2017-12-12 at 05:35 AM.