Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
The Forge came up, and someone reacted to their terminology.

In the context of The Forge, I absolutely stand by my comments, both regarding the cultish nature of the place and their use of postmodernist obscurantism.

As for applicability to the present, the opening post of this thread and its title specifically use the terminology of GNS... are we supposed to fastidiously ignore the subject because you and ImNotTrevor have deemed it "out of date"?
The only word from GNS used is "Narrative."

A word everyone here admits is not used in the GNS sense by hardly anyone.

As for the cult:
It's gone. Not even EDWARDS is a member of it. Let those old bones rest, dangit! GNS's corpse barely has time to let the dirt settle on its grave before getting dug up to be paraded about as a present threat in some kind of weird "Weekend at Burnie's" parody.

I'm fairly sure Edwards also used the word "the." We gonna start going into GNS over conjunctions next? Gimme a break. It makes no sense to have a thread where on the one hand there is agreement that nobody uses GNS terminology anymore and on the other hand one (very common, btw) word in common means GNS is suddenly returning to destroy gaming.

It's still very dead, despite this poster using a very common alternative to the terms "story-focused" or "fiction-first."