Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
Is nobody else concerned by the terrifying monopoly on popular media these buyouts represent? I know that the conglomerate's output has been pretty good over the last decade or so, but at this rate it's only a matter of time before Time Warner and Comcast succumb.
Not so much, but probably because entertainment monopolies are rated the lowest in my scale of Monopoly Alert. I'm not so sure it actually implies any change for art itself (it might as well mean people demanding for non-popular products once they are tired of everything being Dinseyzised, which could be good); and I don't see much of a problem on the business side, since Hollywood as an industry already created its stamp and mold which most massive media should fit by necessity. I know Hollywood is actually a lot of different teams, producers, companies, etc; but in its essence the effects are probably not much different than the ones we have now.

But at least, maybe monopolies have a good side on this. You wouldn't have to pay for 36 different Hulu/Netflix clones, and now you can give your money to one single Evil Company instead of a dozen different Satanist Cults producers