1. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Disney buys large parts of Fox - Marvel get back X-Men/F4!!

Quote Originally Posted by joeltion View Post
    Not so much, but probably because entertainment monopolies are rated the lowest in my scale of Monopoly Alert. I'm not so sure it actually implies any change for art itself (it might as well mean people demanding for non-popular products once they are tired of everything being Dinseyzised, which could be good); and I don't see much of a problem on the business side, since Hollywood as an industry already created its stamp and mold which most massive media should fit by necessity. I know Hollywood is actually a lot of different teams, producers, companies, etc; but in its essence the effects are probably not much different than the ones we have now.
    If you don’t see how big a change this is you haven’t been paying attention to the lesson of the MCU. Marvel proved that owning all the IP rights to a character across every product, media, and distribution platform, means that one can do great things that had never been envisioned before...except maybe with George Lucas and Star Wars. Disney made unprecedented efforts to market Marvel making it the most valuable and profitable media franchise the world has ever seen.

Disney did all that without what mainstream critiques considered their “A-list” properties: X-men and Fantastic 4 being two out the three (the other being Spider-Man).

What this means is that we can start seeing X-men and mutants in the MCU, as well as the Skrulls, Doctor Doom and a whole bunch of other properties that were associated with X-men and F4. This goes beyond movies and will touch anything carrying the Marvel label.

Quote Originally Posted by joeltion View Post
    But at least, maybe monopolies have a good side on this. You wouldn't have to pay for 36 different Hulu/Netflix clones, and now you can give your money to one single Evil Company instead of a dozen different Satanist Cults producers
    This is one thing I don’t think the merger is going to change. Disney’s plans to launch their own streaming service gives them a lot more money (100%) than putting their properties on Hulu (33%?) does. It might change what Disney puts up on thier own streaming service however.]

All hail the mousey overlord.
    Last edited by Reddish Mage; 2017-12-14 at 04:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
    It would have been awesome if the writers had put as much thought into it as you guys do.
    The laws of physics are not crying in a corner, they are bawling in the forums.

Thanks to half-halfling for the avatar