Quote Originally Posted by Dovetail View Post
I'm not sure about this whole "die with honor" thing, but if dwarves that die with honor/ in combat just go to the plane that matches their alignment (with no alignment specified, not even LG) it could theoretically be possible for a Chaotic Evil dwarf to "die with honor," avoid Hel and then go to the plane matching his alignment. So if evil people can die with honor why not somebody who's committed adultery a few times? They only need to die in combat. If the dwarf Redaxe had died in the middle of his assassination attempt on the "King of Nowhere" he presumably would have died with "honor" despite the fact that there aren't many things more dishonorable than, say, committing murder.
Yeah, certainly. I was writing something similar in the redemption thread. In combat, in attempting to protect or save another, in performing your duty to the greater good (or neutral, or evil, as the case may be)... I think that's the general gist of the circumstances that matter for dying "with honor," the way I see it.