Thanks for the input. I added to the OP that it will be a 5e D&D game.

I think the Detect line is ok. My issue isn't when the players can use magic to get information, its when they use magic to instantly win the quest. If they need to figure out how the Baron of Baronsville died, I'm ok if they use Detect Poison to see if he was poisoned since they would still need to figure out things like who poisoned him, where they got the poison, etc. But if they use some divination spell that just lets them ask a higher power "who did it?" then that's when I have an issue.

My intention isn't to completely revamp the game. I don't want to create extra work for myself, I've got enough to do with designing the setting.

I like the idea of the resurrection spell requiring another person's death. That's fitting for the setting I had in mind.

I might ban Fly and Spider Climb, but it depends on how often I give them obstacles they have to get past.

I don't think I'm going to bother banning the food and water spells. We have an outlander in the group so food won't be an issue in the first place, therefore I don't think its worth the effort. If the players want to have a survival system in place that requires they find food and water, then I'll probably ban them.