View Single Post

Thread: Okay, let me pitch Dominions 5 to you

1. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Okay, let me pitch Dominions 5 to you

Quote Originally Posted by Otomodachi View Post
    I am recently and explicitly volunteering. :P

Here's the thing though... I've been playing since Dom3, I've probably got a total hours logged in the vicinity of Manticoran.... but I've literally never played an MP game. So I don't know how useful I'd be as a mentor, but I don't think I need a mentor as much as more raw players, like, I'm sure there's stuff I could learn but it'd be a lot more incremental than it'd be for a newer player.

But yeah, I'm in, I wanna dive into the world of MP.

EDIT: On second thought, I guess I do have SOME things to offer as a mentor. I really DO know how the game works, so I guess there's WORSE people you could pair with a really new person. I just have no idea how MP really works out in practice.
    I'm in a similar boat. Been playing a lot of single player because I like the background of the game and its ideas, but haven't ever jumped into multiplayer. Since I put myself down as Mentee, I guess I should also put you down as Mentee. I figure people who want to be mentORs should know how the game works and understand how the game's mechanics play out in actual multiplayer.

If I put anyone in the wrong category, neglected to put anyone down at all, or such, please PM me with instructions for how you wanted to be included in the list, that way I can't forget you or read past your post.

edit: It looks like we're getting a healthy enough base of committed players, though I realize some said they would be able to play in a few weeks.

Is it good with everyone if we start a game on Jan 2? I expect some people may be occupied in the time between the winter holidays, and I don't want to put the game on hiatus during that time, only for some to drop out as people tend to do during hiatuses. This also gives other players time to see this thread and participate.

Until then, maybe we should sort out the terms of the game. How are multiplayer games generally played? For newbies, what is the ettiquette, what is the format, etc?
    Last edited by Vitruviansquid; 2017-12-17 at 12:29 AM.
    It always amazes me how often people on forums would rather accuse you of misreading their posts with malice than re-explain their ideas with clarity.