Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
Anakin's fall was triggered by Mace Windu trying to execute Palpatine. He's not standing over a sleeping child. These things are different. Stop trying to make them the same.
That was the specific event where he picked a side politically.

His fear for Padme, of separation from her, and of her turning away from him was consistent throughout episodes 2 and 3. His fall wasn't because of one single event, it was because of a persistent fear

I don't need to see it again. Luke is refusing to fight Vader. He says "I will not fight you." And Vader angers him into fighting by threatening Leia. But Luke was always trying to redeem him. That was his plan, and the dark side has nothing to do with it.
Fighting in anger is the dark side. That's at the core of how the Force works.

And as far as your second edit goes, again, I don't think "poor decision" equals "kill Ben Solo" for the character of Luke Skywalker. You obviously think anything goes. I don't.
No, but fear leads to the dark side, and the dark side does things like "kill now because you're afraid of what might happen" (see also: the cave on Dagobah, Luke strikes out of fear and sees what he would become for doing it). There are two whole movies dedicated to demonstrating that in the character of Anakin.