View Single Post

Thread: Some Questions about Metal Concerts

1. - Top - End - #8
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Re: Some Questions about Metal Concerts

Quote Originally Posted by Renegade Paladin View Post
    Repeating this for emphasis. Metal shows can get a little rough, especially down on the floor in front of the stage. You will be crowded, you will be bumped, and if you wind up standing where people decide to start a mosh pit, may God have mercy on your soul. If you move, you will not get to come back; someone will take your spot and almost certainly won't care that you might want it again.
    Usually a myriad of hands will attempt to grab you and pull you back to a safe place, from my experience. There's barely ever something to be afraid (as far as safety goes), other than dropping whatever you had the bad luck judgement to keep in your pockets instead of someplace safer. Metal people always keep an eye on their peers

Also, before rushing to the front, I would recommend making a quick assessment if it's truly worth the effort given the dimensions of the amphitheater/stadium. I happened to be in a lot of shows where you could stand in the sweet spot for sound/view and still be relatively close to the band while avoiding to become a mashed potato for 2-3 hs. Being on the front you are sacrificing the full enjoyment of the spectacle in exchange for getting a smell distance to your favorite musicians. They don't generally smell that good

On a side note: whenever there is more than one band on the same scenario, there's usually a change of frontliners, so you can take advantage from that if your band plays later.
    Last edited by Lord Joeltion; 2017-12-21 at 11:07 PM.
    (sic)

My English non très bueno, da? CALL: 0800-BADGRINGO