I have so far resisted the lure of the first LD which my internal calculations suggested was not a good value given my current teams (though a disco would be awesome - the SSBs and my healthy load of healer BSBs limit its value).

I did sink 100 gems and 15 mythril in the XII banner and got 4 salt orbs for my trouble. RNG is still angry with me.

Sitting at 189 with some XII still not claimed and a lot of DU mythril still not claimed (can easily clear 225 by end of fest with an expected orbfest plus next event - maybe 250 if I churn out DU mythril too - I have a lot of backlog.

Looking at banners again.
DU 2 - Definately pull... I still love bursts. Hone enhancing is still awesome and they pack a satisfying punch often enough. I'm not too concerned with speed running (Still no Magicite sub 30 - though Bismark has gotten close). (225-25 = 200 projected reserve)

DU 3 - Pull like a G6 (200-25, 175 Projected reserve... 3 pulls available for festival - only future banner I've seen I feel any hype for is Orlandeu/Alma-1 and my T team is already heavily stacked)

Spoiler: Fest thoughts again
Show
Fest Banner 1 -
9 that would make me happy (3 or 4 of which could be straight upgrades)
3 dupes

Verdicted - Team Fire is already very strong and doesn't need any help. This banner looks like a good value at low excitement. With RNG currently enjoying messing with me its smart. (Maybe 50, 2 pulls left in budget).

Fest Banner 2 -
3 that would make me happy, only 2 dupes - with the rarity of Earth, the number of high quality earth toys I have, and my bitterness about Ursula claws while hunting Rydia stuff I will skip to ensure I stay happy. Bartz USB is a major draw here though. (Might 100 gem and pray)

Fest banner 3 -
4 dupes and everything else looks awesome. Yuffie BSB and/or LMR would cement her place on team water. Edge BSB is pretty nice and would compete with her (or Bartz's) place. Tidus has a chance to supplant Paine, Bartz has a chance to really reward me for his LD, and Cloud USB so he can tell Fang to get over herself (He got and SSB, so she got her en-wind SSB, he got his OSB, so she did too, he got his en-wind BSB, so she did too... its been an amusing rivalry to watch unfold).

Looks like a smart pull. All my dupes are wind related and my water team is good enough but could be much better. (-50, 1 fest pull remaining).

Fest 4 - about 7 that I want. 3 dupes (edea and Lightning). A few dudish (not excited for them despite them being good: Snow and Kain stuff). Only thing I straight up Want (with a capital W) is Shantoto's LMR. Rinoa's BSB and LCSB would be pretty nice (rounds out magic Ice team very nice - kicks Squall back off VIII main) or Squall's BSB2 (Makes physical Ice and mixed ice more viable and cements him on VIII main). (50 mythril because there is a dragon I am chasing

Fest 5 - characters on banner I care enough about through nostalgia to really want a relic for - Ramza, Golbez, Shadow, Orlandeu.
2 dupes, 2 wanted.

Characters powerful enough I'd know the relic was a "win" and be happy: Ramza, Raines (2/2 dupes).

Chains - but not ones I can really exploit (I mean I probably could build a great Holy chain with Cecil BSB2, Ramza BSB2 and such - but that means giving up Agria's imperil.

So maybe a pull on 1 - lots of good new stuff and some upgrades for Fire and realm teams... Might not pull as getting a Lockegrade would demote Balthier again after I just got him in place as a Fire team power house. Chance to boost Reifa even farther. Chance for Papalymo to make a solid case for a Mage's only fire team with himself, Vincent, and Terra. Chance for Fire+ fist from Yda (putting her on XIV team and making Reifa happy)... Really don't know.

No pull on 2 because growl. Rydia's BSB1 isn't good enough to crack a place on team earth.

Pull on 3 because lots of chances for some solid upgrades in Water, and pull on 4 because I need something to be disappointed about.

Either comming out of the fest with ~ 50-75 extra or comming out of fest bone dry on Mythril but with plenty in my DUs to mine.