Quote Originally Posted by Darrin View Post
I really, really, really did look at embrace the dark chaos/shun the dark chaos several times. However, each time I checked it, I completely missed that they were 8th level spells, not 6th. Somehow I had it in my head that they were 6th, and it didn't occur to me to check the spell level. However, by the time I realized this, Helio had already posted the builds, so I wasn't able to fix it. I did have a fix, though... I was going to rework some of the skill points to put some ranks in Knowledge: Religion, and use the Sacrifice rules from BoVD to snag an efreet to use the wishes for DCFS. I could also use the Artaaglith's cleric casting to snag guidance of the avatar for +20 on the roll, which would at least have involved the Secret Ingredient. Yes, it would have added more cheese to a build already overloaded with fromagery, but that's why I named the build "Queso Grande" (Big Cheese in Spanish).

That was not the only thing I missed, though... I forgot to check the prereqs on Practiced Manifester as well as the Charisma requirement. Psionics is one of my weak areas. So, yeah... this was not going to be a good round for me.

Even so, I did learn quite a bit more about Factotums. As expected, the other chefs came up with some wonderfully unique and creative ideas. I'm a big fan of muckdwellers, and a muckdweller truenamer took the gold! (Although I am mystified why he isn't named D'Artagnan.) Congratulations to Zaq, Darkcouch, daremetoidareyo, Thurbane, and all the others!
Same thing has happened to me more than once. In Waverider, one of my entries heavily relied on Synchronicity shenanigans. I managed to misread the power as "Psychic Warrior 1" instead of "Psion/Wilder 1" several times. Not sure how. Back in Acolyte of the Ego, I misread the Truespeak prereq as 6 ranks instead of 9, and was congratulating myself for making use of how unusually early the SI let you enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaq View Post
Because I’ve never actually read The Three Musketeers, probably. (That is a Three Musketeers reference, right? Is there a tiny lizard who performs ritual sacrifices on innocent victims in The Three Musketeers? If so, it may need to be added to my reading list!)
It's a Stranger Things reference. Can't really expand on that without spoilers though.