Quote Originally Posted by Knaight View Post
In the fictional setting, it isn't an account. In real life, where there's some amount of people sitting around a table* what just happened is that one person described a fictional character doing something, and then another person just described what that fictional character doing something caused. In real life, what we just saw was two people provide two linked descriptions of a sequence of fictional events. Generally these two descriptions are part of a much longer sequence of descriptions, which one might describe as an account.
Quote Originally Posted by Aliquid View Post
Good grief. Now do we have to get into a debate on what the term "an account" means?

If you don't think you are giving "an account" of something when communicating during an RPG session, then... I don't even know what you think that word means.
I see. So now all communication is classified as "telling a story" or relaying "an account"?

This is exactly what I mean by expanding definitions to the point of where they are meaningless and useless. You've managed to not only do it with the word "story", but now also with "an account". Kudos for consistency, I guess.