Quote Originally Posted by Mightymosy View Post
I'll certainly watch the movie again to see what it says.

But even if someone in the movie says he is not force sensitive, in my imagination he will always be. I'll just assume whoever says he's not is simply wrong, even if it's himself.
Just doesn't make much sense if he isn't at least a little in tune with the force, with how good he is in fights despite being blind.
Another explanation is that the force "answers" to his chants, like if the force is some kind of "divine force" that listens to prayers.
What they refer to him in the movie is, if I'm remembering entirely correctly, is that he's one of the wils, a non jedi allowed to live in the temples and take care of them as a custodian. Pass on our knowledge to the actual Jedis. Chirut is just super into it, and his gatling gun toting friend is his bodyguard that stuck around because Chirut stuck around. They're fantastic and I love them because that feels like the proper way to present the Force, to me. As something mystical and religious that you're experiencing, and getting help by when you call on it.