View Single Post

Thread: The Last Jedi 2: The Next Last Jedi

1. - Top - End - #246
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: The Last Jedi 2: The Next Last Jedi

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    It only ever sorta was. I mean, Ben Skywalker certainly wasnt as powerful as his dad or his mom (im not positive on this, but im pretty sure Mara Jade was more powerful than him). Hell, Kyp Durron is a rando from frelling Kessel and hes one of the most powerful Jedi in the NJO era.

Really all it meant was if you had Force Sensitive parents, you'd be Force Sensitive, which is still true. The Skywalkers are just an anomaly because of Anakin. Once you remove a few generations (apparently it only takes one) and things get back to normal levels.
    No I meant Force sensitivity. I disliked that. I just wish it was a skill like any other.

"But why isn't everybody a jedi!"

Why isn't everybody a master at Yoga or Statistics? Some people just have the desire for it and others don't. Maybe some genetic desposition exists (Fragile bones for instance) but generally anybody can do it and beat the odds.

However it wasn't "That" bad before. Its certainly WORSE now.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    I cannot fathom how your second sentence follows from the first (which I agree with.)
    Because by focusing on the force as something that "Randomly Awakens" its even moreso some random trait at BIRTH.

By removing Training as a Requirement and focusing even MORESO on the force as just birthright, Random chance at birth determines force merit in star wars now because sloppy sloppy lazy Rian.
    Last edited by Scowling Dragon; 2018-01-07 at 10:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fawkes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fralex View Post
    A little condescending
    That pretty much sums up the Scowling Dragon experience.