Quote Originally Posted by Morty View Post
Wenomir freezes in his tracks when Sophia and Harnetta both deliver them the same news. His shock sublimates into murderous fury pretty quickly, of course. When he speaks next, it's through clenched teeth.

"Then let's show those vermin how bad an idea it was. I don't know if they're capable of screaming for mercy, but I plan to teach them."

He turns on his communicator and broadcasts a message to all Vigil members present:

"This is Commander Wenomir speaking. The Cuthun demons have invaded Riverside. I need everyone to join our counterattack. All hands on deck. That's an order."
They've put up a barrier that blocks communication in-and-out of the city. Probably connected to an obelisk that they're defending on the city border - we weren't able to get close to it. They've dropped in three of the big burning rock creatures so far.
Sophia (for Harnetta's benefit, a four-armed demon-hunting bug-person (nominally a 'stalker-flight angel')) steps back and hangs behind Wenomir as people gather. She'll have to go along to keep them informed. Hopefully. If the barrier stays up she won't be very effective at that.

In response to the broadcast, Alice grabs her gear and takes an emergency monorail platform up to meet Wenomir. This is a bit frightening a great opportunity. Since the centaur has been here, well, she's been in fights and gone on two or three missions, but this is the first thing to involve the whole organization. Surely no one will be able to doubt her dedication to VIGIL...if she makes it out of this. While the rune platform sweeps up towards the academy, she half-crosses her hands and says a prayer.