Quote Originally Posted by Anteros View Post
The problem is that there was never a single moment that I felt like I was struggling to survive. For a mode called "survival" they missed the mark by a large margin. Maybe if food and water were a LOT rarer it might be an interesting mode. As it stands now, I was basically always fully fed and hydrated just from things I would eat and drink to heal. There's basically no increased difficulty or danger at all outside of the rare enemy that one shots you. There's beds in every dungeon, so saving isn't an issue either. I probably lost more play time to bugs and crashes than actual deaths in the mode. The entire thing is just a bunch of busywork with no actual extra difficulty. I actually think the extra gear you end up with from the extra legendaries probably makes the overall game easier than just playing on hard.
If you want HARD SURVIVIAL and you can used mods, try FROST. Set in the time right after the bombs fall its EXTREMELY hard. Ghouls are a nightmare, bullets scarce and rads all over the place.

you can watch "many a true nerd" youtuber to get a feel for the mod.