View Single Post

Thread: Pathfinder: Wheelchair? PEACH

1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Pathfinder: Wheelchair? PEACH

Ok so I'm about to do a campaign where I play a lame merfolk... TL;DR: Base Land Speed: 0
    So I figured I'd try and 'brew a wheelchair like thing and see how it goes.

The Wheelchair (75 GP)
    This wooden chair has four wheels hastily attached to it, in an ineffective, but usable form of movement

The Wheelchair is a small wooden chair with 5 hardness and 15 hit points. Using The Wheelchair renders the creature flat-footed to all attacks. You can move normally in the wheelchair at a speed of 15ft. Attempting to move through difficult terrain, however, incurs normal penalties and forces the rider to make a DC 10 strength check. Failure means that the rider loses her move action and doesn't move.

Other variations of the wheelchair exist: Masterwork and Improvised

Masterwork: Costs 250 more GP (325 total), can move 20 ft in a round, and requires a DC 8 check instead of a DC 10
    Improvised: Costs 50 GP less (25 total), can move 10 ft in a round, and requires a DC 12 check instead of a DC 10

Thoughts? Suggestions? I tried not to nerf sitting down too hard.
    Spoiler: Note
    Show
    It's a strength check to move it, not a skill check, so aside from strength bonuses, it is equally hard to move at level 1 than it is level 5 (though at level 5+ you might be able to cast fly, and not need a wheelchair)
    Last edited by Goaty14; 2018-01-12 at 01:40 AM.
    Spoiler: List of Things You Don't Need To Know
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Venger View Post
    killing and eating a bag of rats is probably kosher.
    Gosh 2D8HP, you are so very correct (and also good looking), and your humility is stunning