Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
1: Members of team good guy have been seriously hurt in the past, so tension is in fact there.

2: A comic that is 90% non-violent conflict is probably not what you should be reading if you want a protagonist to die.
1. The last time I remember someone being seriously hurt was Ellen way back against the Wizard. And even that wasn't 'serious'. Nanese lost her magic for a while and that's it. It also really doesn't help that the comments make it incredibly clear that Dan is uncomfortable with bad things happening to his characters or even his non-characters. So no, I'm not feeling the tension.

2. There are a lot of fights in this comic. I think more arcs then not have fighting or setting up fights. At the very least, treating fighting as a serious thing. I read it for the non-violent stuff. So whenever we get into an arc like the current one, I sigh in distaste and wait for things to end because there isn't any stakes to it. But there's a good chance Dan might prove me wrong here, so I'm really trying to not get my hopes up.