Quote Originally Posted by E’Tallitnics View Post
The description of Net clearly states singular creatures, not plural. If it could be used on multiple creatures at the same time the description would indicate that.
I apologize for misunderstanding you on "used up". But I'm going to continue to disagree here. The description of the net does not say that only one creature can be restrained by a net; it merely describes what a creature so restrained can do. "A" creature because each creature is an individual taking individual actions. (In other words, since "a creature" is the subject of the sentence, not the object, I don't see any implication that only a single creature can be restrained by a single net.)

Now, of course, we know that ranged weapons can only attack one creature at a time, but there may be some class feature or feat or spell somewhere that allows a single ranged attack against multiple targets.

Quote Originally Posted by E’Tallitnics View Post
Since you can move between weapon attacks there's nothing stopping the PC from retrieving their net and trying again on a miss is there?
Well, there might be; you may have already used all of your movement, or your one free object interaction. And it's undefined whether you can simply pick up a net that hit its target.

But I'm still concerned about the specific wording of the feature. It says "when" you make a weapon attack, you can attack a different creature with the same weapon. It's not clear to me whether the second attack has to be taken immediately, or if it works like Extra Attack and the second attack can be taken after doing something else. Horde Breaker procs when you attack; Extra Attack procs when you take the Attack action. The difference in wording feels like the interpretation might be different too.

So, yes, if Horde Breaker works like Extra Attack, then it could be used with a thrown weapon -- if you manage to pick it up.

Powers &8^]