1. - Top - End - #1026
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [Drop Dead Studios] Spheres of Might Open Playtest

Quote Originally Posted by EldritchWeaver View Post
    Which reminds me, I never got an answer to my question during playtest (can't remember the exact channel), if the Trap sphere should give that ability as well. Personally, I would say yes, even if that breaks the last bastion for trapfinding exclusivity. It doesn't make sense, if you are blocked on that front.
    That'd make for a nice talent, I think. Exclusivity is already broken in a ton of ways anyways, from archetypes, to the Trap Finder campaign trait (Mummy's Mask), and the Aram Zey's Focus spell (from the Pathfinder Society Field Guide)

"You can disarm magic traps, and you gain 5 ranks in the Disable Device skill, plus 5 ranks per additional talent spent in the Trap sphere (maximum ranks equal to your total Hit Dice). If you already have ranks in the Disable Device skill you may immediately retrain them, but you do not get to retrain when only temporarily gaining talents, such as through the Armiger’s customized weapons class feature."

This way, at least people with the actual Trapfinding feature would still have an advantage in their perception/disable device checks, since they get ½ level to those checks. I guess it's a better talent than the Scout sphere's Great Senses, but I figure that's easily made up for by the fact that Perception is a better skill.
    Last edited by Halinn; 2018-01-14 at 04:32 AM.