Quote Originally Posted by Awun View Post
The Avatar of Light veil states that it grants a lucent as a servant, but the Nexus playtest document does not include the creature's stats. Will it be included in a future version of the document or just in the final release of the book?
The lucent was actually included in some of the releases. I think what happened was that as layout was being done the lucent got moved to the monster section of the book and out of the class. It'll definitely be in the final release, and I'll reach out to Christen to see if there's anywhere later backers can get access to the stats.

At any rate, the new veilweaving classes and veils are fantastic. They all but beg to be put to use, but don't overshadow their predecessors. Something that is definitely worth noting, is that the increased versatility granted by so many new veils make veilweavers much more capable of competing with traditional spell casters who have a veritable mountain of spells at their disposal.
Thank you! Those were all definitely the goals I was shooting for. The nexus in particular was designed to be very accessible and less of an "advanced" class, something that players with a minimal amount of play experience could still jump into quickly and easily. And of course, using that new page space to fill in even more functionality for all the classes with the greatly expanded veil lists was a big boon of this work.

I also love the organization of the veils into themed sets, as this makes selecting them for role playing purposes or to fit a general character concept an absolute breeze.
I actually started designing the veils in sets back in the original AM release, but never formalized the structure and that was actually something I've really regretted, so getting to come back and codify everything to increase that guidance and accessibility was something I was really looking forward to as I came on board with Lost Spheres. All three of the new akashic classes for Co7S use the new thematic veil set structure, and the expansion materials I've written that Lost Spheres will be releasing as part of the Co7S product line (but not the main release) will continue to use that format, including with some of the veil reprints that will be featured. Christen and I have been busy planning and writing new materials not just for Co7S (which I, personally, am largely finished with at this point, with the exception of maintenance and updates related to feedback on the alpha and beta docs for the akashic classes and materials), but also for supporting lines. We've already got a new class that will push the akashic system into new territory queued up for when layout and editing are finished with the Co7S priority materials, as well as new veil sets, akashic feats, archetypes, and more. Expect it to be a very good year for fans of the akashic magic subsystem