View Single Post

Thread: Why didn't we switch to 4e/5e?

1. - Top - End - #352
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Why didn't we switch to 4e/5e?

Quote Originally Posted by Mordaedil View Post
    It'd be nice to know what monster you were going on about specifically. But this isn't an optimized barbarian and is a low-ball estimate for a barbarian and it still lands an average of 8 damage as you put it. I also outlined the weaknesses it has, and recognized that pretty much everything could rip him to shreds in the meantime, but there are ways for barbarians to mitigate this as well, feats that can make them immune to fire at expense of becoming weak to cold while raging, the option to multiclass into frenzied berserker and be unable to die until the dragon is mauled into fine paste.
    Tro is clearly moving the goalposts. Her initial point was that a level 20 barbarian without magical items couldn't possibly hit a "typical" CR 20 monster, and now that the math shows that it can easily do so, she's instead asking for that character to solo one of the strongest encounters meant for the whole party at that level.

There's no point in arguing against that, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Troacctid View Post
    Good luck to the 20th level Barbarian with no magic weapons trying to hit a typical CR 20 creature with AC 36 and DR 15, I guess.
    Last edited by Kurald Galain; 2018-01-18 at 02:59 AM.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!