Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
Around here we have "Er no" which is us just saying "or no" really fast, "Hey dere" (similar) and "ya". We are a very German section of America.

Also, its called a bubbler not a water fountain. Water Fountains are in parks, though drinking fountain is acceptable.
Even though I live in an area where we normally call them "drinking fountains," we use "bubbler" in a specific instance-- The Benson Bubblers! In case you're not familar, let me tell you about an anecdote from Portland's history.

Simon Benson was a fairly successful business man back in 1912, though as a teetotaler he was bothered by the fact that his employees would hit up local saloons during their lunch breaks. So he donated money to the city in order to purchase 20 bronze drinking fountains, which were named "Benson Bubblers" in his name.

Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
My problem is that, with a wide foot, boots that fit me and are made of anything that would last are running $200+. I can't afford to spend that.
Ah, yeah. Wide feet does sort of limit your options. I'll admit that I got really lucky with a pair of boots I bought for $60.00 in 2001. I've had them patched up, re-soled and re-heeled. They're ugly and beat-up but I still have them.