Quote Originally Posted by Traab View Post
Street level means he fights people who cant destroy cities with casual ease. His bad guys tend to be low or no powered individuals. They might be able to develop say, a giant ice gun that can freeze gotham, but its not an intrinsic ability they have.

Batman on the other hand, is generally more focused on The Bank Robber level stuff while sometimes being called in to fight darkseid or whoever.
I note you have to add "with casual ease" to destroying cities. Batman opponents can (and often do) threaten to destroy Gotham but typically need elaborate plans to put that into action.

I question how much power is necessary. So what if Batman's solo-comic rogues don't tend to have Superman-levels of strength, speed or the fantastical sorts of technology. What they do have though is perfectly suitable for the job, and that job is way above street crime. At times some of them have shown they can threaten the nation or the world.

Superman himself has plenty of rogues that threaten things at a local level. Silver Banshee, Morgan Edge, Toy Man, not every one of Superman's villains is always threatening the entire world or meeting Superman blow for blow. Even, Lex Luthor himself has no powers.

I assume "The Bank Robber!" is a hypothetical supervillain or a characterization of perhaps The Joker. I think that's selling Batman's villains short.

I accept that Batman's main villains don't tend to have similar superpowers as Superman villains, but that doesn't mean they are lacking in their own version of super-resourcefulness. Batman doesn't have to take on foes like Darkseid everyday to help out against Darkseid, he just has to take on foes that are powerful enough that he idea that he can take on Darkseid isn't the exaggerated joke you make it out to be.

Batman is making a leap when he takes on Justice League level threats, the question is how much of a leap. Its no where near the absurd levels you are making it out to be.