1. - Top - End - #36
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: What if the Order had murdered the Linear Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post
    You're trying to make magic far too scientific. All that's established is that Odin's priest was given a prophesy that when Durkon next returned home he would bring death and destruction for them all. All that's theorized in the comic is that Odin knew 1) that death and destruction for the dwarves would be the price of getting Durkon exiled and 2) that that was a price worth paying for Odin, for some reason hopefully related to the Order--though that part could be the main characters' egos talking.
    Hey, if it's subsequently revealed that the Order's interpretation of all this is dead wrong and Odin sent that prophecy down the tube under the impression this would somehow thwart his own precognitive visions of the future, so be it. I will happily concede my error.

Given, however, there are other prophetic deities in the world, I'm unclear on why Sangwaan or the HPoTTG couldn't get a memo from their divine patrons notifying them of, say, an impending army of orange doom, several hundred strips ago. Or simply correct the Guard's misconception about who was the most dangerous party in Dorukan's Dungeon. Or go right back to Lirian's Gate and clear up that mess. You can't have "the Gods are silent, hands-off observers" as a major underlying premise of the story when they clearly aren't silent and clearly aren't hands-off observers.

Last edited by Lacuna Caster; 2018-01-29 at 09:36 AM.
    Give directly to the extreme poor.