1. - Top - End - #335
    Banned

Default Re: Fallout VIII: Another Thread Needs Your Help General

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    Okay, it's not censorship if I'm editing your graffiti on my wall. Yes, Youtube invites content creators to post content on their platform, but at the end of they day, it's their platform, and they decide what is and is not appropriate use. In effect, your free speech rights are captivated by the private property rights and speech rights of the provider. Also, you signed the terms of use when you created the Youtube account. If you really want to create a Let's Play over which you have complete editorial control, I recommend you build and run your own server.

Now I agree that it's regrettable that Youtube's algorithm and staffing isn't quite aware enough to understand satire, or metaphor, or even fantasy, but at the end of the day, the current obsession with remaining politically above reproach is the inevitable result of clickbait, soundbyte media. My only recommendation to regular citizens is this: Don't be part of the problem: Don't click on clickbait.
    I mean, it is explicitly censorship. It's just not government censorship, and private entities can censor whatever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Jackal View Post
    I call BS. If you're of even moderate intelligence, you ought to be able to figure out clickbait just by looking at the thumbnail.
    This is just outright wrong. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked a thumbnail only to find that the scene depicted in it is not actually in the thumbnail. Or I'll be looking for something specific to watch, and it will turn out to be someone intentionally misrepresenting the content of their video for clicks. You often have no way of knowing until you actually click on these things.

Maybe I'm lacking moderate intelligence, but I can't see how you can always avoid these things short of psychic powers.
    Last edited by Anteros; 2018-01-30 at 12:37 AM.