Quote Originally Posted by WarKitty View Post
Categorically not an option. Keep in mind that the "once a week" is only the "It's a screaming emergency that has to be dealt with RIGHT NOW" messages. Every time I give in and take one of those calls, I end up not being able to sleep because of the stress of dealing with everything. If it wasn't my father she was accusing, maybe I could handle it. But it's inevitably a session of how horribly abusive my father is and how she's so afraid of having to go live in a shelter and how she really should just call the police and can you believe he actually threatened her?

Plus the part where she's clearly not going to accept just having me listen; I have to say just the right things to prove I'm on her side. And then past that it's a constant dodge because she's texting me regularly just to see what I'm up to, and if I answer those texts I'm free to talk, oh and she's trying to figure out when I'm free to have breakfast with her. It's a whole dance of walking on eggshells, and I don't have the energy to deal with it. That dealing with it once a week is going to be once a week where I don't sleep at night from the stress.
Well from this it seems you don't want to deal with her so ignoring is the obvious option.

Alternatively, similar to with AMFV said, you could throw things back at her. Surely you've learned enough of her guilt tripping lines to just do the same to her. Of course this is an escalation which is generally not the right way to go, but if there's no other options it may get her to see reason. Or make her angry enough to stop bugging you.

You extricated yourself from the house which is fantastic. You need to either continue distancing yourself or find a way to get your boundaries respected. An ultimatum perhaps? "Mother you are mentally ill. Until you seek professional help I will no longer speak to you".