1. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: What if the Order had murdered the Linear Guild

Quote Originally Posted by Lacuna Caster View Post
    If Odin can find some weasel-wording for his prophecy that doesn't technically violate their mutual non-aggression pact, I suspect the Twelve could figure something out.

I'm also not clear on why a mutual non-aggression pact would apply to Team Evil, who by all appearances are either threatening all the Gods simultaneously or enough of them that the Dark One would be badly outnumbered. It's one thing to say that the Cosmic Game must have rules, it's quite another when some of the playing-pieces are trying to burn down the house with all the players inside.
    My guess is that the Gods are forbidden to order anyone to guard the Gates forfear of it degenerating in a free-for-all for control of the Gates. But if mortals want to protect them out of their own agenda then they can help a little. If the Order is correct then Odin did strictly nothing that could be seen by any other gods as trying to secure control of the Gates.

It is a shaky theory considering that the SG protected one gate entirely on its own and was entirely made up of Southern Pantheon worshippers but if "we didn't order them to do that. Soon did, on his own" counts as weasel wording then it stands.
    Last edited by Fyraltari; 2018-01-31 at 10:04 AM.
    Forum Wisdom

Mage avatar by smutmulch & linklele.