View Single Post

Thread: Personal Woes and Advice 5

1. - Top - End - #494
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Personal Woes and Advice 5

Quote Originally Posted by Grytorm View Post
    People are posting here again. So I can avoid double posting. Nothing positive to say. Having purged my Facebook friends again I finally blocked the one person whom I could reliably talk to. And I did it without melodramatic pronunciations of despair so with any luck it will go under her radar and I will never bother her again.

Hiding depression and failure from family is difficult. Lashed out a few times recently and videogames haven't been working on my computer. Also I haven't been taking my antidepressants. It's a combination of apathy, the fact that I have squandered all of my spending money, and I worry if I ask my parents for help they will notice the lapse.
    I'm going to be straight up with you because I don't think you would hear me otherwise.

Everything you are doing here is hurting you. Cutting out your reliable sources of support, not taking your meds, trying to dive into asocial behaviors, and hiding your issues is all to your detriment and those of the people who love you.

It is also frightening as a common precursor to suicide attempts or long term isolation. The best thing you could do is delete your video games forever, message your friend online and tell them what you did, talk to your parents about what is going on and talk to your psychiatrist about the meds not helping enough. The guilt you feel now is nothing compared to what they will feel if you succeed in hiding from them and carry your actions to their logical conclusion.

The bravest thing anyone can ever do is ask for help.
    Last edited by Tvtyrant; 2018-01-31 at 04:55 PM.